This time we are going to play the opposite game of the 7 differences. We are going to play the amazing similarities.
The rules are very simple:
- Pay attention to the desk pictures and find as many mistakes made by the forger on the stripes which are identical on the pictures
- Tip #1 : one mistake is when the wood stripe of the drawer is of a different color and wood than the frame wood and color
- Another tip: the streak in wood is like a fingerprint, look for stripes of the same vein
Do not think these pictures come from the same place…..
- One “After Don Shoemaker” desk picture comes from an auction announced for this December 14th
- One picture comes from an attributed Don S. Shoemaker desk in a gallery
- Two pictures come from a fake brand new 2009 production “Don Shoemaker desk” offered for sale in EBAY Mexico (MercadoLibre) some time ago. (read my post)
To give you a hint: 2 of the mistakes are on the drawers
So please let me know: how many mistakes did you find?
And your verdict based on the amazing similarities is:
- guilty as charged – it is exactly the same desk
- or it is an amazing coincidence that 3 desks have the same marks
By the way, this desk was also portrayed in an article published in “Interior Design” magazine
Copyright © 2010 Karin Goyer. All rights Reserved