This time we are going to play the opposite game of the 7 differences. We are going to play the amazing similarities.
The rules are very simple:
- Pay attention to the desk pictures and find as many mistakes made by the forger on the stripes which are identical on the pictures
- Tip #1 : one mistake is when the wood stripe of the drawer is of a different color and wood than the frame wood and color
- Another tip: the streak in wood is like a fingerprint, look for stripes of the same vein
Do not think these pictures come from the same place…..
- One “After Don Shoemaker” desk picture comes from an auction announced for this December 14th
- One picture comes from an attributed Don S. Shoemaker desk in a gallery
- Two pictures come from a fake brand new 2009 production “Don Shoemaker desk” offered for sale in EBAY Mexico (MercadoLibre) some time ago. (read my post)
To give you a hint: 2 of the mistakes are on the drawers
So please let me know: how many mistakes did you find?
And your verdict based on the amazing similarities is:
- guilty as charged – it is exactly the same desk
- or it is an amazing coincidence that 3 desks have the same marks
By the way, this desk was also portrayed in an article published in “Interior Design” magazine
© Karin Goyer and Don S. Shoemaker Furniture, 2010-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this website’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Karin Goyer and Don S. Shoemaker Furniture with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.